Global Project Manager
We are seeking to hire a results-oriented Global Project Manager to join our management consulting workforce. The successful team member will initially support one of our financial services clients, where Leading Path was awarded a multi-year competitive contract Ideal candidate is a confident individual with knowledge and understanding of the Treasury/ Cash Management business, exposure to corporate treasury environment, structured thought process, analytical mind-set, excellent communication skills and leadership qualities who can maneuver a complex organization and through persistence, successfully drive highly visible global projects for platinum profile clients.
Key responsibilities for this individual include (but are not limited to):
- Being the Single Point of Contact of coordination and successful delivery of the project. Overseeing the execution and completion of the various work streams of the project across the globe.
- Establishing appropriate governance model for some highly complex projects involving multiple teams on both Banking and Client side
- Identifying and forming strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. Obtaining agreement and signoffs on all objectives and milestones with the stakeholders
- Proactively assessing and managing (a) appropriateness of solutions and (b) risks across all regions / products / work streams. Ensuring timely escalation and mitigation of the risks to avoid impact to the project delivery
- Diligently creating and managing relevant document repository ranging from Communication Plan, SOW/PID, Project Charter, Project Plan, Risk Register, Issue Log, Status Trackers and various other PM artefacts to provide clear communication, transparency and updates to the extended project team
- Reporting including status reports/trackers, executive summaries and steering committee decks. Be able to effectively deliver the key message around the project updates/risks to business and senior leaders
- Orchestrating the execution of the project plan across multiple leads, implementers, vendors, and consultants in different groups such as Operations, Technology, Legal, Product, Sales and many others in multiple geographical locations
- Creating metrics and monitoring/reporting Project Status on a regular basis. Abstracting the key details and business relevance to make the updates meaningful for a wide range of audience including senior executives
- Managing scope through change control process. Being flexible while setting clear expectations after careful analysis of the scope change
- Ensuring effective transition from implementation to production.
- Participation in prospective client presentations and demos.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and contribute to department initiatives to implement process enhancements.
- Exposure to banking and treasury execution associated with some of the largest corporate restructuring events in the industry
- People Management and Leadership
- Senior Exposure within and outside the Bank & Executive Communication
- 8+ years of project management a MUST with prior independent leadership of large projects with executive visibility
- Either extensive cash management product experience or strong treasury practitioner industry experience with large MNCs
- Preferred: execution knowledge of corporate treasury restructuring as part of a merger or divestiture either on Bank side or as a Corporate Treasury professional
- Proven track record of consistently strong performance and excellent project delivery
- Client relationship management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, VISIO, SharePoint and other workplace productivity tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Strong Influential skills to manage virtual teams
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills; ability to promote team building and develop strong partnerships with other teams
- Strong leadership skills - with the ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Strong customer focus and past achievements applying a customer mindset to shape solutions and meet financial goals
- Ability to effectively manage and navigate through multi-faceted disciplines throughout the organization
- Negotiation and decision making/problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; MBA preferred.
- PMP certification (or equivalent) required. However, if no certification this must be attained within the first six months of commencing the role.
- CTP designation highly desired.
- 12+ years of Project Management work experience
- 3+ years consulting experience, preferably with Big 4 or other top tier management consulting firm
- Familiarity with full lifecycle development methodologies and tools (MS Project)
- A proven track record of driving business requirements to completion as well as going above-and-beyond standard project planning /status reporting in order to lead projects to their successful conclusions
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or another related field. Equivalent work experience considered.
- US Citizenship required.
- PMP Certification is highly preferred.
- Needs to reside on the East Coast in order to be on-site in New York City 2 days per week. Remote work for the remainder of the week.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Manage the development of a global platform and operational infrastructure to support Cash activity
- Manage implementations, Account Opening/Closing, Account Maintenance, Proof processing and Billing.
- Comfortable interfacing with individuals at all levels of an organization and can operate effectively in a matrixed environment
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented with strong organization skill with the ability to manage, prioritize, and multi-task on multiple project work streams
- Ability to solve problems at a tactical and functional level, have excellent oral and written communication skills, a solid work ethic and unquestioned integrity
- Able to build and nurture internal networks, be flexible and adapt to a dynamic work environment
- Self-motivating, entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to be resourceful and take initiative
Leading Path is an award-winning Information Technology and Management Consulting firm focused on providing solutions in process, technology, and operations to our government and Fortune 500 clients. We offer a professional and work environment with a strong work-life balance. Leading Path provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, 401K, tuition reimbursement and opportunities for professional growth and advancement.