Cleared Cyber Security Engineer (Pen Testing, Scanning, AWS)
Position is with the VA McLean Customer and requires an active TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly clearance.
Position is funded and vacant and the customer is actively looking to hire someone quickly!
The candidate will be responsible for documentation and working closely with Developers and Engineers to assess the security posture of designs on Cloud technologies. The candidate will be participating in technical deep dives with Application Developers, ETL personnel, and infrastructure personnel to produce a comprehensive architecture utilizing the newest technologies applicable to big data solutions. The candidate will be recommending and designing security solutions for cloud-based computing. The resource will be responsible for continuous monitoring for security vulnerabilities and other monitoring as required. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to: • Participation in high-level enterprise architecture analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and development. • Execution of the security roadmap based on application and architecture roadmaps. • Review and alignment of product choices to optimize product selection efforts and ensure that enterprise architecture and security standards continue to be met. • Perform continuous security monitoring, application and operating system scans.
1. Demonstrated experience providing risk analysis and assessment on cloud based systems and hybrid architectures to include performing risk assessment and analysis.
2. Demonstrated experience reviewing and performing vulnerability assessments utilizing such tools as Nessus, Web Inspect, and AppDetective.
3. Demonstrated experience developing, implementing, and maintaining security support structures utilizing Linux, Windows, and/or Hadoop with the demonstrated ability to learn and embrace new technologies.
4. Demonstrated experience with securing the design, engineering, and development of systems built upon Amazon Web Services.
5. Demonstrated experience auditing and monitoring systems utilizing various tools, such as Splunk or other solutions.
6. Demonstrated experience performing continuous security monitoring and developing strategies for remediation.
7. Penetration Testing experience a major plus
Leading Path is an award-winning Information Technology and Management Consulting firm focused on providing solutions in process, technology, and operations to our government and Fortune 500 clients. We offer a professional and work environment with a strong work-life balance. Leading Path provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, 401K, tuition reimbursement and opportunities for professional growth and advancement.