PMO Project Manager - Functional
Leading Path is an award-winning Information Technology and Management Consulting firm focused on providing solutions in process, technology, and operations to our government and Fortune 500 clients. We offer a professional and supportive family-friendly work environment with a strong work-life balance. Leading Path provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, 401K, tuition reimbursement and opportunities for professional growth and advancement
We are seeking results-oriented Project Manager (PM) to manage project schedules, risks, and potential impacts of project scope changes for Leading Path clients. The PM will organize and communicate with project team members to ensure understanding of and commitment to project assignments, objectives, and deadlines. The successful candidate should be open to new challenges, extremely good at multi-tasking, innovative, creative, self-directed, and a great team player.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, Duties may vary by assignment or contract.
- Uses best-in-class project management techniques to achieve project goals on time and on cost, while managing risk
- Responsible for obtaining consensus and approval from stakeholders regarding project deadlines, objectives and activities.
- Works with other departments to coordinate appropriate resources for projects
- Reviews and prepares regular project status updates for management
- Maintains existing as well as creating new project charters, levels of effort, schedules and objectives for assigned projects
- Manages potential impacts of project scope changes and makes recommendations for projects
- Develop and maintain project plans
- Conduct program team meetings, tracking issues, decisions, action items, and following-up between meetings to drive issues to closure
- Develop, cultivate, and manage customer relationships
- Lead and organize the development of briefing materials for customer updates and decisions
- Recommends and implements approved risk mitigation options as appropriate
- Works with team members and stakeholders to anticipate and manage changes to projects, such as but not limited to, technical and functional requirements, business requirements and milestone schedule
- Manages client and company expectations for software development projects based upon approved project requirements
- 5-10 years of Project or Program Management work experience
- Experience with Fortune 500 companies on cross functional projects
- Familiarity with full lifecycle development methodologies and tools (MS Project, Office 365)
- A proven track record of driving business requirements to completion as well as going above-and-beyond standard project planning /status reporting in order to lead projects to their successful conclusions
- 2+ years of “Big 4” management consulting experience
- PMP Certification (not required)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Comfortable interfacing with individuals at all levels of an organization and can operate effectively in a matrixed environment
- Must be detail oriented with strong organization skill with the ability to manage, prioritize, and multi-task on multiple project work streams
- Ability to solve problems at a tactical and functional level, have excellent oral and written communication skills, a solid work ethic and unquestioned integrity
- Able to build and nurture internal networks, be flexible and adapt to a dynamic work environment
- Self-motivating, entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to be resourceful and take initiative
Leading Path is an award-winning Information Technology and Management Consulting firm focused on providing solutions in process, technology, and operations to our government and Fortune 500 clients. We offer a professional and work environment with a strong work-life balance. Leading Path provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, 401K, tuition reimbursement and opportunities for professional growth and advancement.