Candidates must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green Card)
Leading Path Consulting is searching for a dedicated and passionate DevOps engineer to join our cloud networking team. If you have experience building and operating scalable, cloud based, web applications, are excited about impacting millions of users, look no further!
We practice Agile/Scrum methodology and we program in a variety of languages such as GoLang, Node.JS, Bash, Java and Python. We are building a large scale and high-performance cloud-based networking service platform that will deliver the next generation of Internet services across private and public networks.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will specialize in developing tools for a continuous deployment of a cloud-based networking service platform. You will also help operate and monitor the service.
- Development and design of systems, with a focus on automation and maintainability at a large scale
- Software and hardware testing and deployment to staging and production environments
- Platform integration: Programmatic infrastructure management
- Develop software infrastructure and build tools useful in development lifecycle
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across dev, QA, monitoring and other cross functional teams
- Maintain and monitor production systems for capacity issues, performance and conduct proactive health-checks
- Incident trouble shooting, with quick remediation for issues
- Strong LINUX Systems Administrator experience in mid to large environments.
- Strong scripting experience with Bash, Python, GoLang, Node.JS or Java
- Strong IT/Ops background with focus on Process and MOPs
- Strong Linux fundamentals, with experience in Centos, RPM
- Experience with DevOps Automation tools like Ansible, Terraform, Etc.
- Solid understanding of containers, familiar with Kubernetes or other orchestration system
- Familiarity with deployment and management systems such as Ansible, Puppet, Salt, Chef, Packer, Terraform, etc.
- Strong grasp and practical experience with automation and virtualization of at least one cloud platform (e.g. VMWare, OpenStack, AWS)
- Expertise in building/maintaining/sustaining monitoring systems like: nagios, op5, etc.
- Strong with at least one scripting and/or high-level language: Python, Node.js, Java, Shell, Perl, Golang
- Production experience working with load balancers and web stack-based application environments
- Solid grasp of operating and managing NoSQL DB such as Cassandra, Hadoop
- Familiarity with REST/SOAP/JSON APIs
- Systems and application monitoring and performance tuning knowledge a plus
- Familiarity with messaging systems like ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, and Kafka is a plus
- Experience with distributed file system (GlusterFS/Ceph) a plus
- Experience in AWS VPC, Networking and Security
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field. Master’s preferred.
- Self-motivated, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience in building, maintaining, supporting Cloud based applications with 24x7 monitoring of logs and alerts.
Leading Path is an award-winning Information Technology and Management Consulting firm focused on providing solutions in process, technology, and operations to our government and Fortune 500 clients. We offer a professional and work environment with a strong work-life balance. Leading Path provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, 401K, tuition reimbursement and opportunities for professional growth and advancement.