Infrastructure Automation Engineers
Candidate will work with a team of engineers that are responsible for automating elements of the application support lifecycle of enterprise applications in a telecommunications company. This includes activities associated with deployments, provisioning, patching, compliance monitoring, decommissioning, resiliency and overall ecosystem hardening. The role is a key liaison within the Network Operations organization, bridging several gaps between systems administrators, Development, Advanced Engineering, Product and Operations teams. A firm understanding of enterprise scale application architectures and the underlying technologies that power them is a must.
- Primarily utilizing CHEF, automate the building and maintenance of a resilient, secure, and efficient application platform to meet established SLAs.
- Automate deployment, monitoring, management and incident response.
- Automate and test a disaster recovery plan for enterprise applications.
- Develop workflows and scripts to automate provisioning, decommissioning, configuration, and maintenance of servers, services, and applications.
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures.
- Resolve the most complex support issues and help guide the engineering team through delivery of scalable, automated solutions to application lifecycle management.
- Deep dive into automation issues to identify problems and work with engineering teams to resolve issues impacting performance and availability. This includes multi-tier, distributed service log analysis to identify patterns, trends, and identify important correlations. You will design and develop complex, high performing scripts and infrastructure management applications.
- Collect, transform, analyze, and refine operational data, using it to partner with peer engineering teams throughout the full software development lifecycle for continuous improvement in the reliability of our platform.
- The Infrastructure Automation Engineer will be responsible for implementation of automation recipes (CHEF) and scripts (Ruby, Python and others) as part of an overall automation effort.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, have an engineering mindset, and be able to troubleshoot complex problems.
- Participate in all aspects of IT automation; from framework building to feature release and validation.
- Design and develop robust automation frameworks including logging, monitoring, and test automation.
- Develop standard operating procedures and user guides for the enterprise automation solution.
- Develop automated system integration test to verify operational integrity.
- 5+ years of overall IT experience.
- 3+ years of enterprise level operating system experience, preferably in a telecommunications environment.
- 3+ years of experience in an infrastructure automation role developing in CHEF and at least one of the following: Ansible, Python, Java, Puppet, Docker, Kubernetes, Ruby, Jenkins.
- Demonstrated understanding of system resiliency, redundancy, failovers and disaster recovery.
- Demonstrable experience with Ruby and/or Python (or equivalent) creating system and application level automation.
- Demonstrated mastery of automation and orchestration at large scale.
- Strong Linux systems (CentOS, RHEL) knowledge.
- Experience configuring monitoring and alerting systems (Splunk, OP5, Application Dynamics, etc.).
- Strong working knowledge of enterprise platforms, tools and principles including: Apache, load balancers, shell scripting, authentication, IT security, and performance tuning.
· Experience with VMware– vCenter, ESXi, vSphere.
· Experience with Java applications and related J2EE technology stack.
· Release automation (Jenkins, GitLab, SVN, etc.), system administration, system configuration, and system debugging experience.
· Strong understanding of system and networking concepts and troubleshooting techniques.
· Strong interpersonal and teaming skills - ability to set and enforce process and influence engineers who are not direct reports.
Leading Path is an award-winning Information Technology and Management Consulting firm focused on providing solutions in process, technology, and operations to our government and Fortune 500 clients. We offer a professional and work environment with a strong work-life balance. Leading Path provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, 401K, tuition reimbursement and opportunities for professional growth and advancement.