Sr. DevOps Engineer
As a DevOps Engineer, you will specialize in developing tools for a continuous deployment of a cloud based networking service platform. You will also help operate and monitor the service.
- Development and design of systems, with a focus on automation and maintainability at a large scale
- Software and hardware testing and deployment to staging and production environment
- Platform integration: Programmatic infrastructure management
- Develop software infrastructure and build tools useful in development lifecycle
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across dev, QA, monitoring and other cross functional teams
- Maintain and monitor production systems for capacity issues, performance and conduct proactive health-checks
- Incident trouble shooting, with quick remediation for issues
- 6+ years of experience in DevOps and/or systems development
- Experience in building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure in a real-world production environment.
- Experience with building and managing large-scale high throughout production applications, including On-call rotation responsibilities
- Fluent with git at the command line
- Experience in NewRelic, Splunk, GitHub, Symantec endpoint
- Strong understanding of scripting languages (Ruby or Python), REST APIs
- Strong understanding of networking topology and security
- Experience standard Linux command line utilities
- Familiarity with build & release automation tools and methodologies
- Solid experience working with NodeJS, Python, Rails, Docker, Kubernetes
- Understanding of Kafka, NATS or equivalent bus technology
- Knowledge of AWS technologies
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experienced working with distributed development team
Leading Path is an award-winning Information Technology and Management Consulting firm focused on providing solutions in process, technology, and operations to our government and Fortune 500 clients. We offer a professional and work environment with a strong work-life balance. Leading Path provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, 401K, tuition reimbursement and opportunities for professional growth and advancement.