Cleared C&A Officer (Assessment & Authorization)
Position is with the VA McLean Customer and requires an active TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly clearance.
Position is funded and vacant and the customer is actively looking to hire someone quickly!
The Sponsor is looking for an Assessment and Authorization Certification Officer (AACO), formerly known as Certification and Accreditation Certification Officer (CACO) to advise and assist the stakeholders with the Lifecycle Assessment and Authorization (A&A) process and developing a Systems Security Plan (SSP). The AACO will monitor and track projects in the A&A test queue; read and analyze SSPs and develop an understanding of the customer systems and applications. In addition, coordinate A&A actions and system testing with appropriate security personnel; develop risk assessment, recommend mitigating countermeasures, and write short, succinct risk assessment and certification reports for submission to the Chief Information Officer.
• Act as A&A project register, managing the A&A registration process.
• Monitor and track projects in the A&A test queue.
• Maintain a document repository where A&A project documentation is stored.
• Record/register actions concerning project approvals to operate in the A&A database.
• Read and analyze SSPs and develop understanding of systems and applications.
• Coordinate A&A actions and system testing with appropriate security personnel.
• Assemble and submit A&A packages to Principal Accreditation Authority/ Designated Accreditation Authority
1. Knowledge of risk management methodology.
2. Knowledge with managing document repositories in databases.
3. Knowledge with the use of process tracking and document control software.
4. CISSP certification
Leading Path is an award winning Information Technology and Management Consulting firm focused on providing solutions in process, technology, and operations to our government and Fortune 500 clients. We offer a professional and supportive family-friendly work environment with a strong work-life balance. Leading Path provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, 401K, tuition reimbursement and opportunities for professional growth and advancement.