Sr. Software Engineer
Sr. Software Engineer
Must be a Us Citizen or US Permanent Resident (green card)
Leading Path Consulting is looking for a dedicated and passionate Sr. Software Engineer to join our cloud networking team. If you have experience building scalable, cloud based, web applications, are excited about impacting millions of users, look no further!
We practice Agile/Scrum methodology and we program in a variety of languages such as Java, Python, GoLang & C/C++. We are building a large scale and high-performance cloud-based networking service platform that will deliver the next generation of Internet services across private and public networks.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will specialize in building high-performance, reliable back-end systems and server-side APIs, creating the interconnectivity fabric of the platform and enabling the provisioning of a new and revolutionary class of services to millions of Internet users.
- Design and Develop Rest and messaging based software infrastructure and build back-end systems and APIs
- Design and develop low latency/high throughput server infrastructure components to handle large volume of transactions
- Analyze requirements, design and develop code, unit test code and test tools
- Present and defend architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across dev, qa, ops and other cross functional teams
- 7-10+ years’ overall software development experience with at least 2 years of current or recent Python programming experience.
- Solid working knowledge of NoSQL databases – Cassandra is a must
- Development expertise in message bus technologies such as RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ; Apache Kafka preferred
- Development expertise in REST/SOAP/JSON API
- 5+ years’ experience with high-scale, high performance and high availability server development
- Proficiency with Python, Django, Flask and distributed system frameworks such as Apache Zookeeper
- Prior experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field. Master’s preferred
- Solid understanding of algorithm complexity, parallel/distributed systems, advanced data structures, computer networking and operating systems
- Start-up environment experience
Leading Path is an award-winning Information Technology and Management Consulting firm focused on providing solutions in process, technology, and operations to our government and Fortune 500 clients. We offer a professional and work environment with a strong work-life balance. Leading Path provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, 401K, tuition reimbursement and opportunities for professional growth and advancement.