QA Automation Engineer
QA Automation Engineer
Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (green card)
Leading Path Consulting is looking for a dedicated and passionate QA Automation Engineer to join our cloud networking team. If you have experience building and operating scalable, cloud based, web applications, are excited about impacting millions of users, look no further!
We practice Agile/Scrum methodology and we program in a variety of languages such as Python & Java. We are building a large scale and high-performance cloud-based networking service platform that will deliver the next generation of Internet services across private and public networks.
As a QA Automation Engineer, you will specialize in developing test strategies and designing, automating, executing and maintaining test plans, test cases, and test environments of a cloud-based networking service platform. You will help ensuring highest quality and a successful rollout of the platform that is impacting millions of customers.
- Design and develop test automation and tools, with a focus on maintainability at a large scale
- Analyze requirements, procedures and problems to automate or improve existing test systems
- Develop and maintain test automation frameworks and scripts for platform testing (e.g. using Python, Java, Robot Framework, SoapUI Pro)
- Write test cases and detail test scenarios, ensure their completeness, automation and execution
- Lead in the identification and resolution of problems and defects, and help driving to resolution
- Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across dev, qa, ops and other cross functional teams
- Integrating test automation with build systems, test case management and bug tracking tools
- Deep understanding of web and networking technologies on server and client side, strong with scripting and/or high-level language: Python or Shell.
- 5+ years of proven track record testing Internet or cloud-based services and platforms in a mid to larger Linux environment
- Familiarity with REST/SOAP/JSON APIs
- Solid working knowledge of NoSQL and MySQL databases, Cassandra preferred
- 3+ years of outstanding proven record in hands-on developing highly technical test automation frameworks from ground up, including API, UI and Unit test automation
- Strong grasp and practical experience with automation of at least one cloud platform (e.g. VMWare, OpenStack, Cloudstack) and at least one automation framework (e.g. Puppet, Chef, CFEngine)
- Passionate and knowledgeable of QA processes and methodology, with ability to create and execute detailed test plans and test cases, perform root cause analysis to identify problems in design and/or implementation.
- System and application performance and load testing knowledge are a plus
- Self-motivated, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field. Master’s preferred
Leading Path is an award-winning Information Technology and Management Consulting firm focused on providing solutions in process, technology, and operations to our government and Fortune 500 clients. We offer a professional and work environment with a strong work-life balance. Leading Path provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, 401K, tuition reimbursement and opportunities for professional growth and advancement.