Cleared Data Engineer (ETL Engineering, NiFi or Pentaho build experience)
Position is with the VA McLean Customer and requires an active TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly clearance.
Position is funded and vacant and the customer is actively looking to hire someone quickly!
The Data Engineer will manipulate data and data flows for both existing and new systems. Additionally they will provide support in the areas of data extraction, transformation and load (ETL), data mapping, data extraction, analytical support, operational support, database support, and maintenance support of data and associated systems. As a member of the team, candidates will have the ability to work within a super-computing environment, exploit new and expanding datasheets, develop custom algorithms, and work in a multi-tasking, non-traditional analytic environment with rapidly changing priorities. The successful candidate must have demonstrated experience applying and tailoring complex extraction rules on massive amounts of unstructured data using tools such as Netowl. He or she much also have experience with the principles of large-scale (terabytes) database development, large-scale file manipulation, data modeling, data mapping, data testing, data quality, and documentation preparation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience
- 8-10 years of related software engineering and ETL experience
- 10 years of technical management experience of Software Developers, Systems Administrators and Systems Architects
- Experience building and maintaining data flows in NiFi or Pentaho
- Excellent organizational, coordination, interpersonal and team building skills.
Leading Path is an award-winning Information Technology and Management Consulting firm focused on providing solutions in process, technology, and operations to our government and Fortune 500 clients. We offer a professional and work environment with a strong work-life balance. Leading Path provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, 401K, tuition reimbursement and opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!